Indoor Herb Garden – An Ideal Choice For People Living In Apartments
Indoor herb garden is an excellent to have fresh herbs on hand at any time of the year. Everyone seems to enjoy growing herbs indoor as they are easy to maintain and grow. Spring is the best season to start the plantation of herbs indoors as well as outdoors. Indoor herb garden is ideal for people who live in apartments and do not have space to grow their own herb garden. You can easily place the herb plant container in your window that has access to sunlight. With so much busy lifestyle today, growing herbs indoors is an ideal choice of many.
South Facing Kitchen Windowsill Perfect For Indoor Herb Garden
There are ample of choices that you can make while choosing herb for your indoor herb garden. The choice of herb depends upon your usage of the herb. They are easy to grow and it will give a natural appeal to your home decor. You can use your own creative ways to display herb plants. Indoor herb garden is less expensive than an outdoor herb garden. South or south east facing kitchen windowsill is the perfect location for the best results for your indoor herb garden. Also, you don’t have to spend much time for their maintenance.
Few Easy To Grow Herbs For Your Indoor Herb Garden
The choice of herbs for your indoor herb garden also depends on the zone you live. Few among easy to grow herbs are:-
- Chives – These can be grown easily as they do not require much sunlight. They are very fertile and you do not even have to buy seeds for them. They are readily available in the market and you just have to buy the plant and put it in your container, cover it with potting soil and its ready to grow.
- Lemongrass – These herbs are also amongst the easy growing herbs. It does not even require soil. Hence, it’s one of the easiest to grow herb. Simply, put the stalk into water and it will produce roots and plenty of new shoots.
- Parsley – It is one of the most common kitchen herbs. You can buy parsley herb seed from the market and put in the container with proper soil to grow. After a week or two, the seeds will start to germinate. It also does not require much sunlight.
- Peppermint – It grows well inside and it is known for its medicinal purpose too. They grow in abundance. You just need to get the seed from the market and it grows well in shade with limited sunlight.
- Oregano – A most common herb for an indoor herb garden, used to add flavor to the food. It requires good amount of light to grow well inside. Make sure you have a southern face window so that it gets plenty of light for its optimum growth.
- Rosemary – A good herb to plant for your indoor herb garden but it usually thrives well in dry area. There are many varieties of rosemary that you can choose from the market. Blue Spire is a good choice for an indoor herb garden.
So I hope you know how easy is grow herbs inside. All you need to do is a little hard work at the beginning and once you are done with an ideal plantation of the herb in the container, you are all set to get fresh herbs around the year right in your home. Make use of good container and good soil for the good fertility of the herbs for your indoor herb garden.